A study of the history of God’s chosen people from the call of Abraham to the restoration period. A final lesson is on the developments during the intertestamental times in preparation for the coming of Jesus, the Messiah. Historical, geographical as well as relevant archaeological notes will be considered at appropriate portions of the study. The course aims to cause students to see the Unfolding of God’s Redemption Plan
SOME GENERAL OBJECTIVES:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic sequence of periods in Israel’s national history.
- Know principles of success and failure as exemplified in the events and characters of men that God used in His plan.
- Demonstrate understanding how Jesus, the promised Redeemer of mankind was brought about through the Jewish race.
- Demonstrate understanding how God and His character is revealed through His words and acts while dealing with His people.
- Have attitude of trust seeing God’s plan in faithfulness to His promises.
- Demonstrate attitude of worship to God who has caused His redemption plan to be unfolded in the pages of the Bible.
LESSON 01 PATRIARCHAL PERIOD: ABRAHAM
LESSON 02 PATRIARCHAL PERIOD: ISAAC & JACOB
LESSON 03 EXODUS
LESSON 04 AT SINAI
LESSON 05 IN THE WILDERNESS
LESSON 06 THE CONQUEST FOCUS ON THE PROMISED LAND
LESSON 07 JUDGES & TRANSITION TO MONARCHY
LESSON 08 UNITED KINGDOM
LESSON 09 DIVIDED KINGDOM & CAPTIVITY