Rev. Rey Calusay starts Hermeneutics, one of the most important courses in BSM Online.
- A study of the art and science of Bible interpretation, defining its fundamental rules and laws and
applying them in the task of rightly handling the Word of truth.
- An orientation to the basics of Bible interpretation also emphasizing the importance of discipline,
faithfulness and preciseness in the study of the Bible
- The Scriptures as revelation from God was meant to be just that – a Revelation, a Disclosure. It was
- meant “to be opened” so everyone can read, know and feast on its wonders! It is not a sealed book that
- nobody can read and understand.
GOD MEANT THE SCRIPTURES TO BE UNDERSTOOD
The doctrine of The CLARITY OF SCRIPTURES: Simply means that the Bible can be understood in a
simple form by all believer’s. In fact, part of this doctrine even holds the belief that even unbelievers can
understand it, on an external level.
Even Infants can know the Scriptures. 2TI 3:15 “Remember also that even when you were a young child,
you learned what God says in the scriptures. These can teach you how Messiah Jesus saves us, when we
trust in him.” -UDB
“In contrast to the sacred writings of many other traditions, the Bible is meant to be read and
understood by all people, it is not too mystical for people to grasp. It complements the incarnation
nature of Christ, because both Christ and the Bible put the knowledge of God within our reach”. –
JESUS: THE KEY TO UNDERSTANDING
1 He is the theme of all the Scriptures: JOH 5:39-40 1CO 15:3-4 HEB 1:1-3
2 He opens the mind of believers to understand, LUK 24:45
3 He interpreted SCRIPTURES: “And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them
in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.” LUK 24:27
4 He sends the Holy Spirit: to guide us into all truth.. JOH 16:13 The Mind of Christ, 1CO 2:6–16
5 He makes a way for people to receive help in order to understand, ACT 8:30-35
6 He sends preachers and teachers.. INTERPRETERS.. 2TI 4:2